About The Central Oregon FlyfishersThe Central Oregon Flyfishers (COF) is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) corporation dedicated to broadening the public's knowledge and understanding of Oregon's aquatic resources. COF membership consists of avid, experienced fly fishers and those who are new to the sport. Some members just help with our many conservation projects, and some add their voice to ours in the advocacy of wise fishery practices. Many people join COF to meet new fishing partners, and everyone learns something new. Our group is multifaceted. COF advocates the following:
- Promoting catch and release
- Sharing our love and knowledge of flyfishing with others
- Maintaining a club library of fishing books and videos, which is available to all club members
- Teaching beginning fly fishing lessons through Bend Metro Parks and Recreation
At COF monthly meetings, we share fishing stories, sign up for conservation projects and listen to a program. Programs vary, and may include the following topics:
- Fisheries Biologists talking about issues that concern us
- Fly-fishing guides giving pointers on improving our success
- Club members sharing reports of trips taken to Alaska and other locations
- Fly casting experts giving demonstrations of good casting technique
- Fly-fishing authors discussing their latest books
COF is affiliated with, and supports, the Fly Fishers International (FFI), and COF is dedicated to improving fish habitat through our numerous conservation projects.
COF Mission Statement
The mission of The Central Oregon Flyfishers (COF) is to promote the preservation and conservation, for future generations, of Central Oregon’s watershed and its fisheries through education, the practice of stewardship and the art of fly fishing. Our goal is to provide an opportunity for club members to participate in a community of fly fishing, fellowship and public service.
The mission of the Kokanee Karnival Youth Education Program is to provide a dynamic, hands on learning experience to educate and excite elementary school children about clean water, healthy watersheds, and fish conservation while promoting safe and responsible angling, good citizenship, and community stewardship.
Two of the ways we meet this mission statement is through the Kokanee Karnival Youth Education Program and the Next Cast Flyfishers.
WELCOME, and thank you for joining/renewing the Central Oregon Fly fishers.